A historical home in the Medical Area was destroyed by fire Saturday afternoon.
FOX13 was on the scene minutes after massive fires damaged out in the 900 block of Peabody Opportunity around 1:30 pm
Fireman functioning to place out the fire. Im told by people out here the building was uninhabited Firefighter functioning to place out the fire. Im told by individuals out right here the structure was uninhabited.
— Shelby Sansone (@SSansoneFOX13) March 25, 2017
We located out the house has actually been uninhabited for many years.
Memphian Brad Jobe informed FOX13 hes in the fire restoration business, so he determined to see what was happening when smoke could be seen from a mile away.
- Suspect charged after 7-month-old abducted from day care
- 1 dead, 5 injured after terrible tractor accident
- DCS checking out after mother chargedaccuseded of falsely claiming baby was missing out on
- Deputies: Family members maintained badly disintegrated body, utilized Vietnam veterinarians advantages
“It was swallowed up,” Jobe claimed. “When the firefighters got there, the fires were over the trees.”
The owner of the residence claimed he was planning to renovating the home.
We did some research as well as founddiscovered the proprietor usedrelated to have the house included to the National Register of Historic Places in the 1980s.
That file shows the home was developedconstructed in 1890.
2017 Cox Media Group.