Flood damage can be devastating to a property and a family. The loss of belongings, a place to live, and even the loss of loved ones makes this one of the worst events that we deal with. Floods cause different types of damage:
- Water damage
- Structural damage
- Electrical and sewage systems damage
- Other health dangers due to water content
We are specially trained and qualified to handle all of these areas of damage and ensure the repair and safety of your family. Our team checks water quality, does mold analysis, structural testing, systems analysis, as well as checking for foundation leakage.
Types of floods
There are different types of floods and we can help with repairs after any of them. No matter how big the flood or storm, we can set things right.
Floods due to heavy rains – Abnormally high rainfall can cause flooding when the waterways and drainage systems are not equipped to handle it.
Hurricanes and tidal surges – Flooding can happen due to natural storms that cause huge tides that push water inland.
Urban flooding – This happens especially in built areas that are densely populated. These floods are caused because the systems cannot handle the pressure of so many people. It is often triggered by heavy rainfall, snowstorms, or flash flooding, but it can occur without these.
Other – Dams with structural damage can cause floods when the structure breaks.
Most of these floods can happen without any warning. In areas prone to flooding, warnings may be given, but they often don’t prevent serious damage to property. Call in Fire Saft to help you rebuild your home after a flood or serious storm. We will make it look like it was never damaged.
Repair of flood damage
The repair of flood damage can take a while depending on the severity of the flood and the extent of the damage. When our team is called out, we follow this process:
- Assess the property and damage both inside and outside. This includes checking for structural and foundational damage that could make the building unsafe.
- Extract left-over water that has not drained away yet.
- Evaluate which belongings can be repaired or restored and which need to be thrown out.
- Drying of the property walls, ceilings, floors, etc. This could take days depending on the severity of water damage.
- Cleaning up of debris and checking all systems for functionality.
- Repair and restoration of all areas that were affected. Systems are repaired. Floors, walls, and ceilings that do not need replacing are repaired and reinforced if requested. Wall, floors and all their finishings are repaired, restored, and made to look good as new.
After a flood, take the following steps:
- Call your insurance company.
- Call Fire Saft to assess the damage and make repairs
- Do not enter the house after severe flooding as the structure may be damaged or weakened
- Carefully secure windows and doors to reduce loss of more valuables
• Take digital pictures of damage for the insurance company